YOU PROBABLY NEVER LEARNED THIS WEIRD TRIVIA IN HEALTH CLASS.
Think you know everything there is to know about what happens in the boudoir? First, stop calling it “the boudoir.” Here are some bizarre facts to help you feel better about your sex life (or lack of it), and just as many facts to bring you back down to earth.
1. Ohio State University researchers found that male college students think about sex 19 times per day, versus 10 times daily for female college students.
Miss February 2015 South Africa – Abby Parece in Playboy
2. About half of Americans lose their virginity by the age of 17, but 10% remain virgins after 24.
3. According to a 2012 survey, of 15- to 19-year-olds who reported having had sex, 55% say they wish they had waited longer before “losing it.”
4. The average erect penis is 5.6 inches, according to the Journal of Sexual Medicine. Guys, don’t worry so much about it. A lot of girls don’t even care.
5. As men grow older, their penis gradually shrinks (We hear the same thing happens when swimming in cold water).
6. A survey by Durex condoms found that Greeks have the most sex. Prolly the togas.
7. The “G” in G-Spot comes from the doctor who “discovered” it in the 1940s, Dr. Ernst Gräfenberg. That’s proof men can find it…what’s your excuse?
8. Only 25% of women reach orgasm from intercourse alone. An estimated 10-15% are unable to climax at all.
9. Sex burns off an average of 100 calories for men, according to the University of Montreal. (200 if you’re doing it right.) And the number of calories burned for women is, no joke, 69.
10. 37% of men and 25% of women 50-80+ gave oral sex in the past year, reports the Indiana University Journal of Sexual Medicine. You’re not the only thing your grandparents kiss with those lips.
11. Penile enlargement surgery only adds half an inch on average.
12. Dr. Frans de Waal, a world-renowned researcher of chimpanzee behavior, is quoted as saying, “[They] just love sex play. They have so much sex, it gets boring.” Can you imagine becoming bored of sex?
13. 85% of women are satisfied with their partners’ penis size, according to the journal of Psychology of Men & Masculinity, but “only 55% of men were satisfied” with their own.
14. There’s an average of 280 million sperm in every male ejaculation. It’s the exact same number for rabbits.
15. Only 21.6% of men have had 15 or more sexual partners by the time they hit 50. (And most of them are in The Rolling Stones.)
16. Relax, 20-something virgins: Enrique Iglesias didn’t says he didn’t lose his virginity ’til he was 25. (Update: he later clarified that he was joking, and only waited until 17. Still, “It lasted 10 seconds.”)
17. Vaginas also grow (and even double) in size during arousal thanks to a process called “vaginal tenting.” So now you know that.
18. Wolves, bears and bats are all known to perform oral sex. Hey, it’s a natural thing.
19. Left testicles usually hang lower than right testicles. We’ll give you a second to check.
20. Nocturnal Penile Tumescence is the official medical term for getting a boner while you’re sleeping. Next time you’re teased for “morning wood,” correct them with the proper scientific term.
21. The smell of pumpkin can significantly increase blood flow to the penis, according to the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation of Chicago. So if you’re having problems in that area, bake a pie. Or maybe just watch this banned PETA Super Bowl advertisement:
22. Two-time NBA champion Wilt Chamberlain claimed to have slept with over 20,000 women — which would mean averaging 1.4 partners per day. None of them, he also claimed, were married.